Northfield ECFE is an enjoyable, informal place to learn with other parents and meet new friends. Most classes begin with parent and child interaction time. Hands-on art, science, literacy and music activities are planned around weekly themes. Then children get a chance to practice their independence and peer interaction skills while parents separate to another room for discussion led by a parent educator. In our younger classes, parents stay in the room for group discussion. Sibling care is offered in many classes at a reasonable rate.
The Goals of ECFE:
- Give children opportunities to discover and learn
- Support parents in raising their children
- Offer information about child development and parenting
- Help parents and their children communicate with each other
- Promote positive parental attitudes
- Provide information on community resources
Contact Early Childhood Coordinator Sara Line at 507.664.3754 for more information about classes. Call 507.664.3750 for details on one-to-one consultations and home visits.
Learning and Recreation For Life
We are pleased to offer online registration for learning opportunities and activities for people of all ages. Browse at your leisure! You may securely register online with Discover, VISA or MasterCard.
Registration for winter/spring 2015 classes and events opens on December 12
You can also view classes in the brochure format below. Print the registration form to register by mail.