Welcome to the new and improved Transformational Technology project web site

Matt Hillmann

Hi everyone. I’m Matt Hillmann, Director of Human Resources and Technology for the District and the one leading the charge on this proposal.  I’ve been working on and blogging about the project for the past year so I’m pretty excited to get more community feedback on it using some additional online engagement tools.

A little about me. My wife Mary and I live in Northfield and have three children – ages 13, 11, and 8 who all attend the Northfield Public Schools. We love living here – it had been a community we had desired to become a part of for some time! We really enjoy the amenities Northfield has to offer and the commitment to excellence we see throughout the community.

I began my career in public education in 1994 and have worked with students in all grade levels, Pre-K-12, through my roles as a teacher, coach, technology coordinator, building principal, and district administrator. I have taught graduate courses on and off over the past decade in education technology and school leadership as an adjunct faculty member at Minnesota State University, Mankato. I’m currently working on a doctoral degree at MSU as well.

I’m a proud Rotarian and “live and die” with the Minnesota Twins and Vikings!

This online format is the District’s first foray into citizen engagement using the world wide web. We hope that this will provide another vehicle for the community to share their feedback with us on this project in an organized and respectful environment. I encourage you to take the time to review the information on this site and feel free to contact me with questions or comments you have about it.

Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter (@mahillmann) where I tweet about Northfield events as well as educational leadership and other “interesting” topics (at least they are of interest to me!)

Thanks again for visiting the site and I look forward to seeing you engage with it!