Since January, 2012, the District has engaged a variety of groups in the development of the Transformational Technology Proposal. This has included:
- A tablet computer working group that included 35 District staff members, primarily teachers, from across the District. This group met four times during January and February 2012 and made a recommendation to aggressively pursue a tablet computer initiative for the District.
- A total of 12 presentations to the School Board regarding the transformational technology initiative, beginning at the February 27, 2012 Board meeting where the 2013-15 technology plan was presented.
- A total of five public meetings, three in the Spring of 2012 and two so far in January 2013. Four of these meetings included a thorough presentation, followed by small group interactions designed to elicit a great degree of conversation. So far, one meeting was designed as a more traditional question and answer public meeting format. Two additional meetings in the latter format are scheduled to review this proposal and are scheduled for February 2 and February 4.
- A total of 12 presentations, one at each school in the Spring of 2012 and one at each school in January 2013 to provide in-person updates to staff.
- A total of 25 posts on the topic since March 26, 2012 through the original project blog. A total of 1,620 “page views” of the original blog have been recorded as of January 21, 2013.
- At least 37 articles or stories have been published that include a reference to our transformational technology discussion in local news outlets (KYMN, Northfield News, Northfield Patch) since March 14, 2012.
- Four task forces that included at least 25 staff or Board members that researched and made initial recommendations on App and Content Selection, Policy and Procedures, Professional Development, and Communication.
- Student focus groups at Northfield Middle School and Northfield High School.