Twenty-two Area Learning Center (ALC) students graduated from Northfield Public Schools on May 29 in a special ceremony held at Longfellow School. More »
Students at Northfield Public Schools Area Learning Center (ALC) are looking for donations of backpacks for a program that helps families fill an immediate need. More »
Families with young children can enjoy an evening out with Community Services this Friday, Jan. 25, at Funtastic Friday Movie & Literacy Night. More »
Booker the Book Bus is once again making neighborhood stops, providing library books and movies for all ages. More »
- May 14 to 18 – Northfield Hospital’s Emergency Medical Services will bring one of their ambulances, visit with the students and give them a tour of the truck.
- May 30, 31 & June 1 – End of the year celebrations will include singing favorite songs, a presentation of certificates to each student, and a walk to Odd Fellows Park for play time and a treat with family members.
Almost 300 students and family members attended the year-end event for the PLUS program on April 26. This year, more than 180 students participated in the afterschool program at the three elementary schools and middle school. The celebration included pizza and cotton candy, break-dancing entertainers, and activities such as face painting and kickball. The PLUS program is coordinated by Student Services to boost the success of students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade and prevent school dropout. Community Services staff provide recreation programming support.
Northfield Public Schools Targeted Services coordinates two summer programs to help boost success for K – 12 students. More »
- April 2 & 3 – The students and our high school reading buddies are taking a trip to the library to read books, do fun literacy activities and learn what resources the library has to offer to families!
- April 23 – It’s Bus Safety Week, and we will be riding on a bus to see the neighborhood schools and learn how to be safe on the bus!
- April 30 – Americorps member Greta Elsass will lead this month’s parent event.
The Area Learning Center’s 2012 graduation ceremony will be at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30, in the Longfellow gymnasium. More »
Spring conferences at the Area Learning Center will be held from 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. on March 5 & 6. Parents will be contacted by phone to set up a time that works best for them.
Watch your mailbox for report cards, sent Feb. 3, reflecting grades and attendance for the first semester. Semester II report cards will be mailed after the end of the school year, on June 1.
- No categories