The Writing Center is located in H113 (middle office). For second semester the Writing Center is open before school and 1st through 6th hours.
Our Mission Statement: The NHS Writing Center is designed for NHS students to receive guidance from peer writing consultants.
- work with a trained, writing consultant to discuss any paper, at anystage in the writing process.
- gain confidence as a writer.
- learn how to compose effective thesis statements.
- receive guidance on brainstorming, thesis statements, idea development, and SO MUCH MORE
- walk away with a solid writing improvement plan.
What not to expect from the Writing Center
- Tutors cannot guarentee an “A” paper.
- Tutors cannot be grammar police or super editors.
- Tutors cannot work on your paper without you.
- Tutors cannot type your paper for you.
- Do not expect to have success if you don’t show up well before the paper deadline.
- Tutors do not know the assignment you are working on. Bring materials and handouts with you.
Our Online Resources
If you are preparing to write your college applications and essays, this has sample essays, advice for writing, and helpful links to get you started.
MLA (Modern Language Association)
Links and tips to help make sure you are following MLA writing guidelines.