- Today: Turkey Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Vegetables, Biscuit & Honey, Fruit Choice; Alternate Line: Quesadilla
- Tomorrow: Macaroni & Cheese, Baked Fish Nuggets, Steamed Green Beans, Fruit Choice; Alternate Line: Chicken Parmesan
- Band: Day 1
- Orchestra: Maroon, Group 2
- Congratulations: The 6th grade Girls’ Basketball Team won first place at the New Prague Tournament Saturday February 18. Their record is now 20-5.
- Grades 6 and 7: If you have not received a registration packet for next year, please stop in the Guidance Office today.
- Grade 8: Advanced English 9 applications are due today. Please turn them in to Mrs. Streefland in the Guidance Office.
- Yearbook: This week’s meeting will be held tomorrow after school.
- Buy a Yearbook: To purchase a yearbook, go to the NMS web page, and click on the yearbook icon. Please see Ms. Van den Akker or Ms. Dolan if you have questions.
- Knowledge Master Team: The Middle School Knowledge Master Team has resumed practicing for the spring competition. New members are welcome to join. Knowledge Masters is an academic competition in which teams compete, nationally and internationally, without leaving their own schools. The NMS Team meets Friday mornings from 7:15 to 7:45 in the Spring Creek Computer Lab. Join the team in preparation for the spring competition in April. People are needed that are knowledgeable about English, Geography, History, Literature, Mathematics, Science, and useless trivia! The next practice is this Friday, February 24, at 7:15 in the Spring Creek Lab. Donuts will be served!
- Student Council: Meeting tomorrow, February 22, 3:00 to 3:45 pm, in Mrs. Mikkelson’s classroom.
February 27 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 1 AP Science Presentation, Gr. 8, 7:45 a.m., MS Auditorium
March 1 MS Conferences 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
March 5 National School Social Worker Week
March 6 7th Grade Courage Retreat
March 6 Theatreworks Play, Nfld Elementary Schools, MS Auditorium
March 7 School Principals Day
March 7 Grade 6, Cyber Bullying Presentation, MS Auditorium
March 11 Daylight Savings Time Begins – Spring ahead one hour.
March 12 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 12 Spring Sports Registration Begins
March 16 End of 3rd Quarter
March 19-23 No School / Spring Break
March 26 Begin 4th Quarter
March 26 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 28 Gr. 6 Children’s Theatre Field Trip, 9:00 a.m.
March 29 District Orchestra Concert, 7:00 p.m., HS Gym
April 2 – 13 Spring Trash to Cash Contest
April 3 ESL: Diary of Anne Frank Field Trip
April 6 Last Day to register for Spring Sports
April 9 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
April 9 – 12 MCA III Math Testing, Gr. 6 – 8
April 10 MS Strings Solo and Ensemble Festival, 4:00 p.m., Rm. 57
April 10 National Library Staff Day
April 15 – 20 Volunteer Appreciation Week