- Today: Beef Nachos Grande, Lettuce, Tomato, Black Olives, Baked Scoops, Vegetarian Refried Beans, Oranges; Alternate Line: None
- Tomorrow: Turkey & Gravy, Mashed Potaotes, Green Beans, Wheat Roll, Banana; Alternate Line: Corn Dog
- Band: Day 2
- Orchestra: No Lessons
- Buy a Yearbook: To purchase a yearbook, go to the NMS web page, and click on the yearbook icon. Please see Ms. Van den Akker or Ms. Dolan if you have questions.
- Music in Our Schools: April is Music in our Schools month and the Morning News is inviting you and your friends to show off your musical talents during the Morning News! To participate, sign-up on the sheet posted on the Media Center door. Performances may be solo or up to 6 students. Please let Mrs. Sieve know if you need special accommodations in the studio. Remember, the Morning News is video streamed from the Middle School website, so this opportunity just might be your ticket to stardom!
- Trash for Cash: Do you want a Dairy Queen sundae or blizzard? Bring in your Trash for Cash items beginning April 2. Your name will be entered into a random drawing to win a Dairy Queen item, to be delivered to your study hall April 16 or 17. There will be two winners per grade. Put all of your Trash for Cash items in a zip lock bag, along with your name written on a piece of paper. Drop your Trash for Cash items in the labeled paper bag in your Period 1 classroom. You may bring in as many Trash for Cash items as you like, but your name will be entered in the drawing only once. All money raised goes to NMS!
- Flat Stanley Fans: Did you take some awesome shots of Flat Stanley hanging out over Spring Break? If so, please submit those photos and videos to Mrs. Sieve or Mrs. Turnacliff as soon as possible. It is not too late to take some photos! Pick up a Flat Stanley in the Media Center and take him on an adventure. Thanks so much for helping with this project.
April 2 – 13 Spring Trash to Cash Contest
April 3 ESL: Diary of Anne Frank Field Trip
April 4 Nthfld News Design an Ad – 6th grade
April 5 TEAM UP – Multicultural Music Event
April 6 Last Day to register for Spring Sports
April 9 School Board Mtg., 7 pm, HS Media Center
April 9 – 12 MCA III Math Testing; Gr. 6 – 8
April 10 MS Strings Festival, 4 pm, Rm. 57
April 10 National Library Staff Day
April 15 – 20 Volunteer Appreciation Week
April 17 Gr. 5 Parent Night, 6 pm, MS Aud.
April 17 MCA III Reading Testing; Gr. 6 – 8
April 20 Gr. 8 Band MMEA Festival, Hastings, MN
April 20 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7 pm, MS Aud.
April 21 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7 pm, MS Aud.
April 22 Earth Day
April 23 School Board Mtg., 7 pm, HS Media Center
April 24 – 25 MCA II Science Testing; Gr. 8
April 26 MS/HS Jazz Band Concert, 7:30 pm, HS Aud.
April 27 MS Student Council Dance, 3 p.m.
May 3 MS Choir Concert, 7:30 pm, MS Aud.
May 3 Cinco de Mayo Celebration
May 8 – 9 Gr. 6, Concordia Language Village Field Trip
May 23 BW Espectaculo de Talento, 8:00 am, MS Auditorium